Coordinated by the NGO Walking Arts – Art, Culture & Heritage and the volunteer organisation Associazione Ya Basta Caminantes with the contribution of FAI – Fondation Assistance Internationale
Two-year long project started in January 2020
Promoting youth leadership through the valorisation of artistic languages. Freedoms and rights are alive, they can be extended, transformed and re-invented thanks to a variety of artistic languages especially if young people are allowed to create new independent experiences.
A) Strengthening and extending the NGO Walking Arts’ framework and its associative network by involving a higher number of artists, girls and boys.
B) Developing professional competences in a variety of artistic fields with the aim of creating innovative employment possibilities.
C) Valorising young Iraqi artists at the international level through visibility and debate-oriented occasions with artists from all over the world.
* Strengthening of the NGO Walking Arts
Allowing the NGO to stabilise its operativity, to create connections among the different associates and expand participation to start bigger activities in the future.
– activations of an office in Dohuk, another one in Italy and creation of other local focal points.
– management of multimedia communication through the website www.walkingarts.org, social networks (FB, Instagram and YouTube) and through the production of informative materials.
– training for the NGO personnel
– organisation of a Walking Camp, a festival with debates among the associates, moments of sharing concerning future projects with other young artists and young people in a completely free environment, meeting with local and international hosts and public events.
* Professionalisation in the use of artistic languages
Training on the use of different forms of arts as a way to develop new employment and entrepreneurial activities.
– training on musicotherapy and on educational technology for the disabilities through:
– strengthening of professional skills in event-organising
– training on music production
– training on the use and techniques of comics.
* Valorisation at the international level
Extending the visibility of the Iraqi artistic scenario both abroad and at the national level with the organisation of international events.
More in the detail:
– production of a new CD Walking Sounds #2
– realisation of Walking Sounds Tour #3, third tournée of Mshakht musicians in Italy
– different comic-books publications
– organisation of the first International Comics Festival in Iraq in Sulaymaniyah at the Tobacco Factory.
The project acts in synergy with two other projects: “ARTE PER IL SOCIALE” with the contribution of the cosmetics company Lush Italia and “ARTE PER IL SOCIALE” with the contribution of CCFD – Terre Solidaire.